Monday, September 22, 2008

Random Wish

I think that my only wish for you is peace.
Peace to leave the chains that hold you so you can be free.
But deep in my shameful heart, I know that is not my only wish.
I wish things were different.
I wish I didn't want to turn my heart away from God
When people say that this is His will.
Where is home? Where do you belong?
I look at your discomfort, labored breathing,
The slow decay of dignity.
If this is home, maybe it's time to show yourself out.
But I can not help but remember your old home,
Where you lived as father, son, friend, brother, husband.
And maybe my only wish is that you still lived there.

1 comments:

Shelly said...

ack, the tears!
i wish i had happy cheerful sunshine filled answers for you. sometimes faith, and love and God's plan leave us with more questions than answers.